Everyone could use a little inspiration for weeknight dinners right? Especially vegetarian dinner ideas for #meatlessmonday or easy vegan recipes to stick with your health and wellness goals.
Vegetarian meals don’t have to be boring or leave you hungry. In fact, these 21 easy vegetarian recipes are sure to please even the hangriest eaters.
From soups, casseroles, and hearty main dishes, these easy vegetarian recipes are perfect for your weeknight dinner.
All recipes can be made in an hour or less, with tips for meal prep and make ahead options. Seasonal substitutions are also recommended, but you can always select your own.
Have even more food restrictions? (v) indicates the dish is also vegan while (gf) indicates the dish is also gluten free.
1. Sweet Potato Enchilada Casserole
So good. So simple. So hearty. (gf)
2. Brown Rice Risotto with Apple, Fennel and Sage
A cozy, filling, weeknight dinner. (v, gf)
3. Coconut Greens and Chickpea Loaded Sweet Potato
Your friends won’t believe it’s vegan. (v, gf)
4. Curried Red Lentil Soup with Apple and Butternut Squash
Simple soup suppers are simply superb. Say that three times fast. (v, gf)
5. Snow Pea Soba Noodles with Miso Ginger Dressing
Swap seasonal broccoli or cabbage for snow peas. (v, gf)
6. Chocolate Sweet Potato Chili
Did someone say chocolate chili? (v, gf)
7. Chickpeas and Chard with Roasted Carrots
Serve with your choice of whole grains. (v, gf)
8. Freekeh Salad with Apricots and Lentils
A twist on classic beans and rice! Use dried apricots when fresh are not available. (v)
9. One Pot Japanese Pumpkin Curry Stew
Serve with or without brown rice. (v, gf)
10. Fried Millet with Curry Cauliflower and Carrots
Cook millet ahead for best texture and reduce weeknight cook time. (gf)
11. Spinach Farro Salad
Salad greens are excellent this time of year. Hearty farro adds texture and bulk for a filling meal.
12. Vegetarian Chili with Anasazi Beans
Vegetarian bean chili is perfect for cold winter nights. (v, gf)
13. Goat Cheese Polenta with Roasted Beets and Arugula Pesto
Soak polenta overnight for a quick and easy weeknight dinner! (gf)
14. Peanut Stew with Sweet Potatoes and Collards
One of my all time favorite flavor combinations. (v, gf)
15. Vegetable Korma Curry Over Rice
Authentic vegetarian korma curry on your table in under an hour. (v, gf)
16. Stuffed Delicata Squash with Coconut Greens
Stuffed squash is the perfect meal. (v, gf)
17. Mushroom Spinach Pasta
Super simple, super fast, super delicious.
18. Farro with Radicchio and Chard
Grains and greens never gets old.
19. Caesar Salad Spring Rolls with Miso Caesar Dressing
One dish where it’s okay to be lazy and have everyone roll their own dinner. (v, gf)
20. Asian Roasted Beets with Tea Infused Noodles
A recipe for the flavor explorers. (v)
21. Soliday Sister Farro Salad
Swap summer cherry tomatoes for roasted sweet potatoes or winter squash.